Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Lounge Chair Road Trip No. 16: St. Orres in Gualala California

Good morning. Tina here. 

It is going to be pretty darn hot here in the foothills today.  Makes me want to go on a road trip, and find a bit of cooler weather.

Come with me, let's go over to the coast.


Gualala is one of my favorite places in the world. The Gold Country Girls went there almost every summer with the family. St. Orres wasn't there then, but since it was built, it has been a favorite, starting with my honeymoon in 1980.


My hubby and I have usually stayed in a cabin on the grounds, which is fabulous, and needs its own post, but the baths in the main building are luxurious and you can spend hours in there. Champagne and candies, fluffy towels. Ahhhh....

Oops, I almost forgot this was a spur of the moment Lounge Chair Road Trip... Darn...


I wish it wasn't just a fantasy, so we could visit their private beach across the highway.


This lovely and imaginative structure is surrounded by lovely flowers, including poppies, lilies and nasturtiums (which if you didn't know is my favorite flower).


Oh, the ocean breezes, the wonderful scented fog, the rolling lawns with dew sprinkled over.

I may be sitting in my lounge chair in the midst of the heat of the first of June, but my body temperature is on the edge of the pacific feeling cool.


4 comments:

lorlore said...

Love it, have to definitely check this one out some day!!!!!

Rhonda said...

Wow what a beautiful place! Maybe someday!

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, how I love Gualala and St. Orres!
It's been SO long since I've been there, and I've not had the pleasure of an overnight stay. But, I'll never forget the great dinner you and I enjoyed there, Tina. Although the smoker at the table below us made it less pleasant than it should have been, it was a fabulous and memorable dining experience (and at the time, it also happened to be the most expensive dinner I had ever had in my life!) - but it was GOOD.

Jennifer D said...

Such a beautiful place. I have never heard of it. I think I need to go!