Thursday, May 4, 2017

My Newest Watercolor Acquisition: Charles F. Surendorf


Tina here. This is going to be very short.

Ever since Heidi got married, and acquired some lovely Surendorf works, I always wanted one of my own, and I finally did purchase a beautiful painting of the historical Episcopal church in Sonora.  I am embarrassed to say I have never hung it since I have so much other art on my walls! I would show it here but it is packed away, so another time.

A few weeks ago I found another I could not resist. It is of an old farmhouse with the usual spooky foliage he seems to enjoy adding into his works, forming imaginative mystical shapes.


I have a feeling I will be spending many hours just looking up at this house and making up stories in my head about my life here. Right now I am sitting on the porch with a glass of iced tea, no lemon or sugar, swatting the first mosquitoes of the season, and finishing this post. Cheerio!


2 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

I LOVE it!!
That is a fabulous example of his work.
I treasure ours, but I must admit that I like this one much more!

Jennifer D said...

I have never heard of this artist. I love this painting and would love to see the other ones that you own.