Saturday, June 27, 2020

Found: Colorful Notions And Assorted Sewing & Craft Supplies

Useful and colorful things always catch my eye when I am out "thrifting".
I love it when I find vintage appliques!
 (All of these were found long before the Covid19 pandemic).
I swear, one of these days I am going to cover a denim jacket or shirt with all of the wonderful appliques I have collected over the years.
 Hand-sewing things onto heavy denim would be a difficult task for me, with my arthritic hands, which is why I haven't yet begun THAT ambitious project.
 I'd prefer a jacket rather than a shirt, and I don't want to iron or glue them on; I want them to stay PUT.
And all of this stuff, below, was given to me by a dear friend when her mother-in-law passed away:

 I think I may end up selling some of the lace in my Etsy shop...
....whenever I get around to it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You are back! So fun to read your blog again. Love the sewing notions.

Mary said...

So pleased to see a post again. You have been missed! I love all those vintage sewing notions. All our thrift stores were closed for awhile, and I'm looking forward to a time when I can go gathering again.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting! It's been such a long time, I had almost given up! You inspire us all!
--Erik in NW Ohio

Anonymous said...

Yay you posted. I adore sewing notions. What wonderful memories.

Debbie V. said...

I was browsing Pinterest tonight and saw one of your pins https://www.pinterest.com/pin/31454897370953513/ and when I saw your name I said to myself "I remember them".
I received not only my mom's notions but my grandmother's as well (her mom). It is so hard to let go of these - so many good sewing memories.
Hope all is well.