Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Then And Now #95 Pillsbury Cinnamon And Orange Rolls


It's all about "Lovin' From The Oven" today from Pillsbury. The first advertisement for their Cinnamon Rolls is from 1960:


 And the next one, below, features that cute little Doughboy "Poppin' Fresh" presenting  the Cinnamon Rolls in an ad from 1973:


And also Pillsbury Orange Danish - below in and ad from 1972:
And a coupon:

And one more ad from '73, with his little helper Poppie, too, this time:
And "Now", you have a number of choices.  The "Cinnabon" ones come in the regular size, the larger "Grands", and also Reduced Fat - and they call the orange ones  "Sweet Rolls" instead of Danish now:

 I chose to pick up this one recently:



  "Cinnabon" brand cinnamon and cream cheese icing sounded good to me!
 We baked them up when Lori was over a while back:
 We mixed some real whipped cream cheese into the icing, to make it extra good:

Yum - it had been a very long time since I had any of these.
I liked them "Then", and I like them "Now"!

5 comments:

Lorlore said...

Oh yes, they were good, we made sure to use every bit of that yummy icing too!!!!!

Diane said...

I don't think the orange roll have orage peel in the icing today. Too bad-- that was good!

Tina Dawn said...

Those look pretty yummy! Cute paisley oven mit! Love T

Rob and Monica said...

I loved Pillsbury cinnamon rolls as a kid. I never had the orange ones but they sound so good! We have a Pillsbury Doughboy cookie jar! (Rob)

farmlady said...

Oh my gosh! Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls. How many times I fixed these for my family. It was a special treat.
My youngest son loved the Pillsbury Doughboy... just loved the little guy.It made him laugh every time there was a commercial on TV.