Monday, September 18, 2017

My (Annual?) Visit To Apple Hill

I got to go up to Apple Hill earlier this month, and I can only HOPE that I will get to go again this season.
I didn't make it up there at all last year, and that really bummed me out.
 I was with my very dear friend Kim, who lives in Camino, and we didn't have a lot of time the day we went.
We had a quick lunch at Blondie's Coffee House and it was fabulous!
 What a delightful little restaurant it is!
(I wish I had remembered to take a picture.)
 The pictures I'm sharing today are from  Grandpa's Cellar, which was the most important destination for me that day.
The reason I wanted to go so badly to that particular apple ranch was because the  woman who runs the wonderful gift shop there is a friend, and also happens to be Lori's former landlady.
The shop is amazing!
It is, quite simply FULL of fabulous things - I swear you could go in there and do your Christmas shopping!
Something for everyone? Bim. Bam. Boom. Done!
Do you see that little salt and pepper set front and center on the table in the picture above?
Well, Kim and I both came home with a set!
Thank you, Heather!
We REALLY enjoyed our visit to the shop, and we will most definitely be back!

I've got to get back up there, and on a day with more time (and maybe money?) to spend.
I want to sit and savor a slice of local apple pie, and I want to come home with some apples.
I'm really looking forward to it.

So, remember - "Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me", and if you're heading up to to Apple Hill - please take me with you!
Because it's one of my favorite places in the world.


4 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

I wasn't able to go last year either. Boa Vista is my favorite, I guess because it is a relatively easy in and out of the area.

Tina Dawn said...

Just don't plan on going on the weekend! But it is lovely on the weekdays. That shop looks like a lot of fun! Love T

Sunnyana said...

Apple Hill sounds a lot like Oak Glen in So. Calif. We used to go every year for fresh apples, cider & pastries and also just to enjoy the atmosphere. Lots of family owned apple orchards and shops. I really miss it. Hope you get back to Apple Hill this year!

Diane said...

Looks fun! And looks like it would smell great!