Thursday, June 18, 2015

Patterns From The Past: McCall's 3493 - Separates To Mix And Match

The lovely Shelley Hack is modeling today's pattern from the past:
It's McCall's number 3493, a Carefree Pattern:
"If you're looking for a way to say who you are, we'll help you sew who you are."
This advertisement from J.C. Penney and McCall's gives you a breakdown of the cost for this outfit back in 1973:
Misses' vest, pants, skirt and shirt:
Make the shirt and the skirt in a pretty pink floral:
The back of the pattern:
Make your self the cute cap, too, while you're at it!
Total cost for the entire outfit: $11.78.
And THAT is why we used to make a lot of our own clothes back when we were in high school!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very cute, and what a bargain! Love T

Sunnyana said...

I love the pink and green combinations on the pattern as well as the pink outfit Shelley Hack is wearing. I started sewing my own clothes in Jr. High and continued through my early 20's. I even worked in a yardage dept of a local store which meant I got discounts! I keep thinking I should start sewing again but don't seem to have the time.