Monday, September 19, 2016

Retro Jell-O Salad - A 1960's Betty Crocker Recipe

My gal pal Heidi and her husband invited a few friends over to their house Saturday night to watch "The Beatles: Eight Days A Week- The Touring Years".
 It was requested that each of us bring a dish, preferably Beatles-related.
Well, if you're me and you decide to make a Jell-O salad, the first thing you have to do is hunt down your favorite Tupperware mold that you haven't used for about twenty years:
Done.
I had decided on a "vintage" gelatin salad recipe from my 1969 Betty Crocker Cookbook.
60's - so, I'm in the right era for the film.
"Jell-O, Goodbye" Salad - get it?
"You say goodbye, and I say ..... Jell-O. Jell-O, Jell-O?
 I don't know why you say goodbye, I say Jell-O"
The next thing you do (if you're me - and I am), you take these ingredients along with a couple of others:
 And then you add some orange sherbet to the Jell-O, and then you put it into your vintage Tupperware Jell-O mold until it sets up:
 And then you mix up your ambrosia, and you serve it like this:
I used to make it years ago for holiday dinners, but I hadn't done so in quite some time.
I am so glad to tell you that the salad was a hit!
And, if you're me, that makes you very happy.
We all had a great time, and Ron Howard's film about the Fab Four was fabulous. (Thank you, Heidi and Wes!!)
The recipe is below, just in case anyone is interested.
"Triple-Orange Ambrosial Salad":
It's seriously yummy, believe me.

1 comment:

lorlore said...

That looks so pretty, almost too pretty to eat!!!!!