Tuesday, February 7, 2017

My Cruise Vacation

Hi- Sis Lori here for a visit - Heidi is super busy, she will be back soon!
I had a great vacation in the Fall! My cruise was on Carnival Dream out
of New Orleans. My roommate cancelled prior so I ended up Single, but was still with a group of friends. I had one night in New Orleans before
we left Port so I booked a room through Air B&B. This was my room
which was okay, nothing special. It was in a quiet area and safe.
I walked to a place several blocks away for Dinner and then a Coffee House the next morning. I would have taken a ride on the Streetcar, however my
waitress at Dinner said I would need to get off and on several different
times and I was worried I wouldn't make my way back safely! 

                                  
                                        My delicious Dinner!!!!!!
Soon I boarded the Ship and purchased a Sail Away Drink!!!! 
My Cabin was quite spacious and was on the lowest deck of the ship!
                                             I did have a view!!!!
                                         Bathroom, all to my self!!!!!

           They do these towel animals most days, one of my favorites!
Specials for every Port of Call on evening Dinner menus, I would often try them.

Oh, and let's not forget dessert! I think I had that melting chocolate cake w/
vanilla ice cream 3 different times!!!!!
Here is most of the group and a couple we met on the cruise.
It was also a scrapbooking cruise. on our 3 "At Sea" days we scrapbooked in an assigned room. I think we each made 7 two page 12x12 layouts to scrapbook our cruise photos. ( My CTMH manager arranged this )
Here is one of the layouts.
Our first Port was Cozumel. I was there before in 2011 and just shopped a bit in Port. This time I booked a Paddle Board and Snorkel excursion. I had never paddle boarded before so was cautious. I did stand up for a bit, but quickly went to my knees, then sat with my legs out in front. It was Ocean water, so a bit choppy, but I kept up w/most of the group. After that we snorkeled and saw many colorful fish, etc. I had bought an underwater camera, but it was a "cheapie" and did not work for me!!!
The next Port was Belize:

A group of us booked a tour for Cave Tubing through Chukka. I would highly recommend this!
We got suited up and hiked a short bit carrying our tubes.
This was the entrance to the cave.
They tied our tubes together, I was in front!!


There were many bats in the caves.
After the caves we were treated to a great lunch and then purchased a CD with our photos which we all later shared.

Our next and last Port was Mahogany Bay, Honduras.

On our drive w/ our tour guide we stopped at the side of the road and purchased Lychee fruit, very different!


We had booked w/ Bodden Tours a Zip-Line/Monkey Business excursion.
We climbed about 62 stairs, it was a warm day!! Then there were 12 different ziplines! This was a first for me and I really enjoyed it!!!!! 


Not sure where my helmet was in this one!
Our group!


After ziplining we went in cages w/the monkeys and some exotic birds.

This guy just went where the sunflower seeds were!
Shocked the heck out of Janice landing on her head!!!


This monkey really wanted to take Roger's hat!!!!!
I guess they liked me!!!!!
Settled in and comfortable!!!!
We ate and relaxed afterwards on the Beach at this resort.
3 of the gals took a Parasailing Adventure!

Ending w/ a picture of the ship!
I had a great time!!!!!!
I think it was my 8th cruise, I like cruising!!!!!!


4 comments:

Jennifer D said...

Wow! What an adventure. I feel all toasty warm after looking at those pics even though it is endlessly snowing here! I just need a tropical drink.

Tina Dawn said...

I love your tube photos and the monkey photos! Love T

Diane said...

WOW! Looks like a blast!

Heidi Ann said...

That does look like such a lot of fun!
All of it!
So glad you got to make that trip.
And thank you for doing this post; I really enjoyed seeing all of your photos!