Monday, July 31, 2017

My Foyer Plate Displays - Three Ways

My first photo in today's post shows the way my display in our foyer looks currently.
I just decided a few days ago that I wanted to completely change it up!
 I found everything you see at thrift shops, including the Beatles LP, which I framed.
 I love those plates in the center, which I discovered once graced a "House Beautiful" magazine cover back in 1963:
They are the "Lea" pattern, hand painted and made in Finland by Arabia, and I think they're gorgeous. I only found a few, I wish there had been more!
The others with the black and white sort-of abstract pinwheel design are from CB2 (Crate and Barrel), and I think they're pretty cool, too!
Previously, my display had looked like this:
 I had taken some of my souvenir plates and stuck them up there in front of my other plates, from when it looked like this:
Those are my Thomas Kinkade plates.
I still like them - especially because most of the ones I have are Placerville houses - but I just like to do something different once in a while!
(Sorry, I truly do apologize for the terribly poor quality of my photos today!)

4 comments:

Diane said...

Love the new display! Very COOL!

Melanie said...

Love it! Is that your doorbell chimes in the middle by any chance? My grandmother's old house, which I LOVED, had doorbell chimes that looked like that.

Tina Dawn said...

I still like the last one best! Love T

Thimblehappy said...

I'm missing your posts and Tina's Wednesdays! I hope you'll be back soon. ~Mary