Monday, February 2, 2009

Pretty Ladies In Vintage Advertising

I begin this post today with the advertisement below from the November 1922 issue of Motion Picture Magazine. The lovely Mary Pickford for Pompeian Beauty Products. I sure wish I had one of those beautiful panels! I have seen them before in antiques shops:

This little blotter (?) is another thing I found when I dug around in the old trunk in the basement. Pretty young lady with her ukelele from the Tomales Meat Market. I want to go to Tomales! I love it over in that area!
This lovely lass is from an old advertisement for Pond's Cold Cream:
And this pretty pin-up "Tomorrow's Star" was in my Great Great Aunt Emma's house. I have it on display in the bathroom. The name of the artist is Earl Moran (1893-1984.) He was a well-known pin-up artist.
That's it - just four pretty ladies today.

5 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Absolutely fantastic advertising. Beautiful pinup.

yosemite faith said...

another winner heidi! did you see the show (it was a while ago) about mary pickford and douglas fairbanks on pbs? it was really good.

Pearl said...

I am so in love with Vintage Advertising ~ You always have such awesome examples... Thank you for sharing them, Heidi Ann!

I'd love to own one of those Pompeian Talc Tins... just one more thing that I adore! How nice to see a piece of Earl Moran's work, too ~ Indeed, he was an excellent Pin-Up artist... Hope your week is off to a wonderful start...

~Pearl

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I loved the Pompeian ad. I loved clicked on it to get a better look and loved the coupon in the corner. Send 10 cents and get that beautiful poster and 5 samples. So much for so little. Then I thought, Maybe you could find some of those posters on ebay. Do you know what they go for? Pretty collectible, I'd say. Lots of the ads for sale too! (I showed my creamer collection on my post today.) Twyla

Galadriel24 said...

You said you'd like to own the poster. I have the poster but now, thanks to you, I have more information about the origins of it. I found it among the belongings of a long-dead great aunt in New Brunswick.

Thank-you.