Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Those 70's Rooms In Orange And Yellow

I'm not quite sure why I seem to be all about the 70's lately. I just am.
So I'm sharing some more interiors from vintage decorating books, mostly in yellow and/or orange. Let's consider them a little bit of sunshine, shall we?
This is the same Drexel Plus One furniture that I showed you back in another post - I was tickled to find another color photo of it! (And dig that cool floral wallpaper!)

A bright built-in desk:

A nice modern dining area:

Another dining area - with splashes of blue:

A kitchen with stripes, dots, and a squeeze of lime:

A living room, complete with sectional and small, versatile tables for entertaining:

A bathroom with two tubs!

And the very brightest of bathroom vanity/sink areas:

Let the sun shine in!

6 comments:

lorlore said...

I love yellow and orange!!! It all started back in the 60's and 70's for me!!!

farmlady said...

Seeing this, I have just had a revelation about why the 60's and 70's were such a wild time. The colors were hyping everyone up. How could you be calm and relaxed in rooms like this. WOW!

Unknown said...

ooohhh retro heaven ;-)) Love the kitchen one. dee x

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh Heidi! Do I ever remember these! When we first got color tv, all the decorating was orange and yellow. Have a nice day! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

I love the flowered wallpaper and the bathroom with two tubs. Love T

Alessandra said...

Hi! I love the retro look!!