Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bright And Colorful 70's Bedrooms Featuring Drexel Furnishings

From Seventeen Magazine, these bedrooms I am sharing today all feature Drexel Plus One furnishings:

I must say that I would have thought it was pretty darned cool back then to have had this furniture in my room - although Stanley's Ole set will always remain my first and truest love:

And it isn't only this bright and colorful furniture that I am loving - it's all of the accessories! I look at every single detail, and I see all KINDS of things I would love to own, even today!
Pillows, clocks, lamps, rugs wall decor - I spy some pretty great things in these layouts:

Inside yet another issue of Seventeen, I found a three page advertisement for the same furniture. It began with this page- sorry I couldn't fit the entire thing on my scanner:
I think they may have been wiser to have shown the actual grooviness of the furniture itself in full color, rather than these artisitic renderings:

Still pretty cool, though:
Hope you enjoyed seeing it!

12 comments:

Hope said...

thosr are so cool!

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

If I ever stumble across a piece of that furniture in real life I will probably faint straight away - so groovetastic!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh Heidi! These rooms are absolutely wonderful! I used to pine over pictures like these in magazines when I was a teenager. Stuff in my room never matched. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting lately. We are just literally snowed under in clutter and good stuff (wink). Wish you were here to help us. You could help me weed through everything and know what is good and what needs to go. Have a wonderful day! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

I love the easel-like triangle desk and all the colors. Love T

Roxanne said...

Oh, Gosh, I remember all that stuff. How pretty!

LunaKris said...

I would have loved one of those rooms when I was a kid. I still think they're nice!

Diane Mars said...

What a cute Post, Thanks for the Birthday wishes, I had a great day and a great week. I am so excited our daughter Breezy & Rockstar and the 2 grands are moving back to California YIPPIE oxox, Diane

Anthony said...

Oh, this was another FUN one, Heidi! I just DIG seeing all those perfectly arranged vintage model rooms of furniture and decor!

How interesting the pieces are that have different words on them. Waaay GROOVY!

yosemite faith said...

i loved this - i also used to look over all the ads in the magazines. we had lots (magazines) since my dad had them for the reception room of his office.

lauramay said...

I use to love looking at seventeen magazines for all the girls bedroom decorating.I would dream endlessly on how to get my parents to buy me the funiture featured in the magazines.The one thing i was obessed with getting was a corner type bed unit that came with 2 twin beds and a large parsons table at the foot of each bed and each bed had bolsters and a fitted spread that went down to the floor,so it kinda looked like two day beds.I also saw this in Seventeen and have been searching for a picture of it because i never was able to convince my parents to buy it.Does anyone remeber these?

Heidi Ann said...

lauramay - I have no way to contact you, but if you put the two words:
colorful rooms
into the "Search" box on my blog, you will find a post where I did show two photos at the bottom that I think may be just like what you are talking about. I hope you read this and find it!

lauramay said...

Hi Heidi,Thank you so much for the pictures.That is exactly what i was looking for.You made my day.Also my e-mail is lauramayj@aol.com.Pleas keep the phots of teenage girls rooms coming.Thanks SO much.