Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lori's Recent Thrift Finds

I went "a thriftin'" again the other day and here are my treasures I found. Some I may keep and use and some I may sell. Heidi and I were just talking about how we seem to find more to keep than for the shop.... Oh well!!
A pretty vintage handkerchief with California in all its glory:

Two vintage sheets (I am collecting them to make a patchwork quilt some day,)
a large piece that I believe is wool; I will probably felt it.

A plastic thread box that says "Tidee Maid" on top, 2 small hoops, and a doily:

Four crocheted potholders - I love the multi-colored one!!

A pretty rose plate (I gave Heidi a platter in a similar pattern for her birthday last year), a cute little creamer, a sherbet dish, and a white cup will serve as nice bases for styrofoam "trees" studded with sequins or buttons:

A Vera scarf and a nice pink planter:
a
Saved the best for last!! I found this restaurant china, a set of 75 pieces - all for $25. I love it and will keep a nice set for myself and sell off the other pieces, they are very collectible. Happy days are here again!!

4 comments:

yosemite faith said...

you gold country girls ARE GOOD!!! i love hankies. my mom and gram and grandma all had them. when my mom passed and i went thru her things every pocket in every garment had at least 1 in them. i saved them all. i have gotten a few vintage yosemite ones on ebay.

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

You ladies just find the bestest things!

Heidi Ann said...

I think my faves are the California hankie the potholders and the restaurant china! Great stuff, Lori!

Tina Dawn said...

I love the California hankie and your dishes, all the finds are great! Love T