Monday, September 20, 2010

Did YOU Have An Easy Bake Oven?

I don't actually remember having an Easy Bake Oven. And yet, I DO remember the little pans and little cake mixes. Tina? Lori? Help me out here - did we have one? I know that we learned to bake for real at a very early age - that's what I mostly remember doing. And I baked a LOT. I found this advertisement in one of my magazines:
And then, I was scrapping some magazines and I came across this page in a Bon Appetit from 2003:

And that article just happened to be about David Hoffman and this very book, which was a gift from my friend Heidi:

It's a cool little book, full of recipes, some of which are rather unusual. I'd MUCH rather bake full sized cakes and goodies though!
That way there's more to share, right?
If you have to.

7 comments:

Claudia said...

No, I didn't have an Easy Bake Oven and I well remember wanting one!

xo
Claudia

Lorlore said...

For some reason I have the same memory of the little pans and mixes, but can't remember the actual oven. Maybe some of our friends had one!!!!

barbara said...

I was desperate to have one of these! Fortunately for my parents, I went with my mom to visit one of her friends, and her daughter had an Easy Bake Oven. It really did not work very well at all! And I was cured of my longing. Although now that I read this, I kind of want one again....

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

We used to make our Christmas wish lists via the Sears catalog, and I was lucky enough to get one for Christmas!

I remember the results being less than expected (isn't that true of most all toys? lol) but I was glad my folks were able to do this for me. =)

Tina Dawn said...

I do not remember our household containing an Easy Bake Oven. I think we were more into the real oven, and never needed the toy one. The Gold Country Girls always went for the real thing. So cute, I would love to look at that book! Love T

yosemite faith said...

nope - and never really wanted one. my gram and my gramma were both bakers big time and i had that betty crocker kids cookbook that you have featured in previous blogs - so it had no appeal to me. one of the few things/toys that did not ;-D

Roxanne said...

No, I did not have one of these. But I remember them. I did have a SnoCone machine, though.