Sunday, September 5, 2010

Barbie Dress Up Day #11 Skipper Babysits


Barbie had a date, so Skipper said she'd be happy to babysit their little niece:
"Maybe she needs her diaper changed??"
"Nope....I think she's hungry. I've got her bottle almost ready."
I realized after I took these photos that the partial set of babysitting items I have is actually from the later set below (1965) rather than the "Barbie Baby-Sits" set shown at the top, which is out of the 1962 booklet.
As usual, I don't have the whole set. I just have to content myself with what I've got; I'm not actively collecting the vintage things - because I can't afford them. Now, if something falls into my lap or I happen across something great at a great price, that's another story....

6 comments:

yosemite faith said...

yeah but what you have is great!!!! *barbie envy*

Leo said...

Love the Barbie photos. I used to have an amazing collection when I was a little girl. Wished I still had them!!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

That's a cute set! I have the apron from the booklet but no other accesories. I don't think I have but maybe 1 complete set out of all my Barbie clothes. It's so hard to find those little extras but we are lucky to find some pieces!

Have a good weekend, Lindsey

Unknown said...

Heidi Ann, I absolutely loved your post about the cottage planters. They are all so charming. In reading your profile, I felt as though I was reading about my self. When I read that you like Edyie I just couldn't believe it. I didn't think anyone else knew who she was! Thank you so much for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog. It is always such a pleasure to visit your blog! Elizabeth

farmlady said...

Never had a Barbie doll. I think that I missed something.
Cute post! I love that you gave them something to say.

Tina Dawn said...

So cute. Reminds me of my babysitting days. (Except Skipper doesn't have a UFO landing on her roof, does she?) LOL. Love T