Sunday, September 19, 2010

Packed Away Since 1992

Well, this is just the sort of thing that happens when you have TMS (Too Much Stuff), and you move twice into houses that are already full, and there's no place to put all your stuff:
And boxes of some of the best stuff get buried under other boxes way back in the very back of a full storage unit. (Bauer pottery, etc.):

And you don't lay eyes on them for YEARS (although, at least for the most part, you have never forgotten them!) Fire King Jadite plates and turquoise enamel canisters, etc:

And so then when you finally uncover them, you discover they are wrapped in newspaper from 1992. More Vitrock bowls (you may remember my Vitrock collection), Fire King Peach Luster demitasse cup and saucer, Amy serving bowl:

Yes, 1992 - Mother packed up some of these things for me when I first moved in with my future husband. Nested set of blue Fire King Philbe bowls:


Great. Now I have to try to figure out where in the heck I am going to put them, because I REALLY don't want them to be banished for another 18 years.
Sheesh.

8 comments:

Sassy Lassies Vintage Life said...

Envy is written all over my face. :)

Jennifer D said...

Gorgeous. You have great finds to share,again. Here's to more hidden treasures.

Unknown said...

It must be like Christmas every time you open another box! :D This one was a doozy--Jadeite divided plates? That gorgeous Bauer? The killer turquoise canisters? I wish all the boxes in my basement contained goodies like these!

Tina Dawn said...

You can keep them in MY kitchen! LOL. Love T

yosemite faith said...

since i don't live in calif i will go along with tina and say that she will make sure they aren't banished in boxes - you can see them when ever you visit her kitchen ;-D

Heidi Ann said...

Thanks, gals - and Faith - no, no - you don't understand - Tina isn't serious! She doesn't have any room either! I HAVE found a place for some of them, and I'm still working on the rest! They aren't going ANYWHERE, believe me! California Pottery, green Jadite Fire-King, enamelware - these are some of my favorite things! Believe me, they weren't buried on purpose. And they won't be again.

Anonymous said...

okay heidi - sounds like you have been a very busy gold country girl to have found places already. you have so many great treasures. oops forgot to sign in - duh. faith

barbara said...

I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to get over PACKED AWAY JADEITE.