Friday, June 27, 2008

Vitrock Rocks

It took me a lot of years of collecting to acquire all of these! Vitrock by Hocking Glass Company. Tea canisters and shakers, all with their original lids, some with original labels, some with replacement labels. (I had very bad luck with replacement lids - they did not screw on and off easily AT ALL):
I finally got a good deal on a Drippings jar with an original (albeit faded) label. And I love my deco ashtray (though I don't smoke, nor do we allow it in our home) - I even found a silver and black matchbook, so it would fit right in with the silver and black deco-look labels on the other pieces!
I use my juicer all the time- works great for lemons, then I just pour the juice through a little strainer to separate the seeds. The lid on the little covered dish is very similar to the Drippings jar lid.
And then, last but not least, the mixing bowls in three sizes:
I love the bright white of the glass, and I was naturally attracted to the labels on the shakers and canisters, with my love of silver and black art deco designs.
Just another of my favorite collections.

10 comments:

Mama Brook said...

AWESOME COLLECTION!!!


I'm a delphite gal myself.

Heidi Ann said...

Ooh - Delphite is SO gorgeous! I started my Jadite collection about 33 years ago, but I never started on Delphite, even though I loved it, too. I guess I did know I couldn't have everything - and it's WAY out of my budget now. I'm just glad I started collecting back when I did!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful collection! So worth getting all of the pieces!~~~XXOO, Beth

Tina Dawn said...

Everything looks very nice on your vintage tablecloths. Love the iris. Love T

Vintage Hunter said...

Fantastic collection! I love those shakers. I've thought about starting a similar collection but so far I've resisted.

Anonymous said...

fabulous collection ... I love the juicer and the jars and the well everything!

Monica said...

NICE!!!!! I love them all~~~

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous! I love the crisp whitenes, so fresh! Thanks for sharing!!

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

Wow! These must be hard to come by, as I rarely see them. Thank you for introducing me to them. They are very charming!

online diploma said...

You have such a very awesome collection. The long years that you spent for collecting these stuffs are so worthy. Nice One!!!