Monday, June 23, 2008

Let's All Sing Like The Birdies Sing

I love to sing along when they ask us to at The Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland! With the birds and the flowers. (Artwork below from the original 1968 LP from Disneyland Records) The Tiki Room celebrates it's 45th anniversary today!
And I like to sing along with these guys, too:
How sweet is this cute little robin and rhyme I found in a vintage Whitman book titled "If I Could Be" ?
And then, there's always the song in this sheet music below. That's another one I've known since I was little. I love that you can go to YouTube and, if you have a hankerin' to hear a song, you just might find it. I listened to 3 versions, including Burl Ives. And then I got to digging around here in the house, and I wound up finding that I HAVE the song on two different cassettes that belonged to my in-laws! So, I've got Patti Page's version, and also that of Les Paul and Mary Ford. (Yes, I do still listen to my cassettes sometimes - I have posted before about newfangled technology and such things!)
I love to sing - I believe I've mentioned that before.
Tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet, and tra la la, twittle dee dee dee.
(Oh, and, by the way - Happy Birthday to my little Carol June!)

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love your happy singing robin. Apparently he isn't too worried about Dizzy. The Tiki Room is great, I actually remember when it was brand new. At one time I think they were going to close it? I am glad they didn't. Maybe it isn't fast or scary but it is a fun experience. I love when it is "raining and storming" outside. Love T

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I was in Washington DC with my son, Andy--I'll tell you all about it real soon!