Friday, June 20, 2008

A Week Ago....

.....I was getting ready for the sale in Georgetown. I painted these little shelves and this tray, below, and added some of my favorite vintage decals:
My sister had lots of vintage linens for sale. I had a few, too, and some 70's vintage clothing.
And rather an eclectic assortment of other stuff - dishes, knickknacks, etc.
I found this great lovebirds doorstop (?); I'm using it as a bookend - we can always use something else to hold up books in this house!
Sorry it's not a very good picture. It's Art Nouveau style, and has a little acorn marking on the back, I think it's a reproduction of an Arts and Crafts period design. I liked it, and I didn't pay very much. The sale was kind of slow - we think people were busy doing other things on Father's Day. I'm not sure I want to do it next month - it will probably be a lot hotter by then!

5 comments:

Karen Jo said...

I LOVE your shelves! Love, Deb

Tina Dawn said...

Love your bookend! Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Thanks, girls!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the shelves and the tray! gives me ideas!

Melanie said...

Love these items! I wish I had been at this sale. I do realize this was several years ago, and I'm on the opposite side of the country.