Sunday, June 29, 2008

Glam Circa 1934

The three images in this post were all found in a magazine "The California Pelican" Big Game Issue December 1934, published for UC Berkeley. Check out these fabulous gowns - the one on the left was "carioca red with a shimmering golden sequin collar". Wow.
And I am seriously loving these shoes! Especially the ones with the five little buckles and stacked heels.
Okay - so I'd rather she wasn't smoking, but gold lame' gloves to match her gown! And that beautiful rhinestone brooch! Gorgeous.
I LOVE the fashions found in these vintage magazines!

3 comments:

Vintage Hunter said...

Great prints! I love looking through old magazines. Up until today I had a ton of neat magazine pages hung on my walls in frames. I need to find a new place to hang them.

Tina Dawn said...

Wow indeed. Love T

Anonymous said...

Great post - I love the old ads, they're so fun to look at.