Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Mod Squad

Another favorite TV show from my past. How cool were Julie, Pete and Linc? I only have a few old TV Guides, but when I found this one, I actually remembered it vividly.I wanted to BE Peggy Lipton, I loved watching her! I didn't have her beautiful, tall, model-slender body or face, though! Nope - the long blonde hair was about as close as I got! When I came across this Whitman book a few years ago, I had to get it, too.
Blast from the past.
I had no desire whatsoever to see the movie "remake" (if you want to call it that). Not really sure why I felt that way, because I looked forward to the Bewitched movie and when I saw it, I enjoyed it. And I'm looking forward to the Get Smart movie, too. But no, don't mess with my Mod Squad. I'd rather watch the old series again.

6 comments:

Karen Jo said...

Was it Tuesday night that it came on? I remember how we couldn't wait for each new episode! Love, Deb

Heidi Ann said...

Yes, Tuesday night! This TV Guide lists it at 7:30, which seems odd. I would have thought 8pm, but maybe it was 8 in our neck of the woods.

Tina Dawn said...

That's okay, you don't have Peggy Lipton's face or height, but you look like Britney Spears. "Linc" is in the Mystery Woman movies on Hallmark. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Um, not to be rude - but I'm not sure that I consider looking like Britney Spears a compliment - I'm just sayin'. (This doesn't have anything to do with her "problems" - I simply never cared much for her, or even her looks). Oh, well. If you see a resemblance, I suppose there must be at least a tiny one. When I was younger, maybe.

Tina Dawn said...

It's in the eyes and the smile. If you saw a picture of her looking young and natural instead of shaved head, crazy mess, you would see it. She actually has a lovely natural beauty, she just needs to leave off the makeup and hairdye, etc. I thought it was a compliment. And yes, you are a lot younger in the "Lotus" photo. Love T

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha, "Don't mess with my Mod Squad." I loved it, too. I was always going for attention when I was a kid... I remember pretending that I had a crush on the black guy- that's Linc- right? Thought my big brothers would think I was cool! :> They saw through me though.

hope I'm not bothering you with all these comments!