Monday, June 30, 2008

Then And Now #1 - Dream Whip

I decided I wanted to start a new little series of posts - Then And Now, where I show an old advertisement, and then either a newer or current advertisement for the same product, or a picture of the product itself as it looks today plucked from your grocer's shelf or your pantry. I'm starting with Dream Whip. Then (1959):
And now:
I must admit, I hadn't used this in years, but Mother used to buy it, and I do remember using it years ago. I bought it this time specifically to use in the recipe at the bottom of this post, which is a lighter, easier version of the unbelievably wonderful and rich Chocolate Cheese Pie pictured below in a page from Farm Journal's Complete Pie Cookbook (1965):
We had both of these pies growing up.
The short-cut version is less trouble, and less rich than the original. I kind of like the richness of the original! But they are both really good. Talk about a "Dream Pie"!!

2 comments:

Karen Jo said...

I still have this recipe from years ago, Heidi. Mine doesn't have the picture though, and that picture is making me mighty hungry for it! Love, Deb

Tina Dawn said...

I am not a chocoholic, but I do remember this with much pleasure. Love T