Tuesday, June 24, 2008

More Vintage Cards

Believe it or not, I found MORE vintage cards on Sunday. In boxes, up in a closet. This one is probably my favorite - I LOVE the gorgeous paper lining inside the envelope on old cards like this! This leather-look paper seems to have been meant to use as a bookmark. The little fan-like design above Hearty Greetings is cut out, so it could mark a page and the tassel would hang out at the top. It was mailed from Sydney Australia in Dec. of 1945. Fabulous.
Postcards - most were mailed between 1941 and 1945:
More postcards:
And cute vintage greeting cards from the same time period:

And baby congratulations cards:
Also, old letters from the late 30's. One of these days, I have to take the time to put all of these letters in chronological order and read them!
If I can just back away from the computer....

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Well, don't back TOO far away from the computer, you need to keep us updated on all these great finds. Love the postcard with the person out on the rock over Yosemite or wherever that is. Wonder if that rock is still there? Love T

Heidi Ann said...

I wondered the same thing when I found that card! It is Yosemite, it says Overhanging Rock, Glacier Point. Pretty cool- and too dangerous to allow people on nowadays!

Tina Dawn said...

I bet it is gone. I found a four picture vintage postcard I have, and one photo is of the rock on glacier point. That is the same place that the firefalls came from. Is one of the other postcards you show Camp Curry? It looks like the entrace to there. I am going to look up the Overhanging Rock and see if it is still there. I checked it out, and couldn't find it, there is an overhanging lookout station, but no mention of the rock. Love T.

Heidi Ann said...

The card with the fence is the entrance to Big Trees Park in Santa Cruz. Can you click on the images to make them larger on your computer? If you can, you can see them a lot better. I know it might not work for everyone.