Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What's Penny Wearing? #35 Thrift Store Score

Penny is modeling one of my favorite recent finds - a "new with tags" skirt and blouse set. Handmade in Bali, 100% rayon (my favorite fabric to wear) by Red's Threads:

I was literally on my way out the door after paying for my other purchases, when the nice cashier at the thrift store in Jackson said to me, "Oh, let me show you what else we have..". This, because I had admired a top displayed behind the register as I paid, and I guess she just thought I might like this outfit. I wasn't in a big hurry, so I thought to myself, "sure, whatever.." , and followed her back to where this was hanging on a rack I hadn't given a second glance. At first I didn't think it would fit me, but I decided it wouldn't hurt to try it on:
Yes, it fit - perfectly. I didn't have to think for long before deciding it needed to come home with me!
It may not seem very exciting to some of you, but I seldom buy skirts or dresses, and I have very few "dressier" clothes. It was inexpensive, brand new - and I actually LOVE it!
Thank you, nice thrift store lady - for somehow knowing exactly what I would like!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love it, it has paisley on it! Love T

yosemite faith said...

that should look great on you heidi!