Thursday, September 30, 2010

That Gorgeous Golden Gate

Check this out: how fabulous would it be to have a view like the one visible from the window shown in this room??

I cannot even begin to imagine! (And I love the blue and green in that living room, by the way.)
Below, a pretty picture of the Golden Gate Bridge from Via Magazine, 2006:

And this lovely shot below is from Eddie Ross (Click on his name to go check out his fabulous blog!):

The inspiration to do this post came from these various pictures that I discovered in my vintage magazines. The Golden Gate as a background for fashion shoots. Love them:

Oh - and, as it so happens, I have my own (though not terribly fashionable!) shot - taken by an old boyfriend in March of 1981!
You've just gotta love that gorgeous Golden Gate in the background.

6 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

I remember one of the rare family vacations. We went to San Francisco because Dad had a meeting in San Jose. I was about 8 and we took a bus tour over the bridge. I still remember China Town and Fishermans Warf.

One day, I'll make it north again!

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, wonderful photos! I love going over the bridge (to Sausalito), or under it (on the way to Alaska on a cruise). Love to see the "vintage" pics of you. Love T

yosemite faith said...

yes i would love that view from my home! love the golden gate and california

The Viewliner Limited said...

A beautiful bridge. A great city. Wonderful pictures.

Ya Ba Da Ba Doo !!!

farmlady said...

Oh, I do love that bridge. It's so much a part of my childhood. Unfortunately, so are earthquakes. That is where that first photo takes me. If you have that good a view of the Golden Gate you are probably on the Hayward fault. But, you cannot beat the view.

Love all the photos. So vintage, in clothes I actually remember wearing. Those models were probably freezing but you, sweetie, were dressed properly.

farmlady said...

Now that I take another look at the first photo I think that it was taken out on the edge of Fort Baker somewhere, in Marin County, so the San Andreas Fault would be the concern. There are no houses there so maybe it's photo wallpaper and my paranoia is all for naught.