Saturday, September 25, 2010

Then and Now #70 Rit Dye

It's all about Rit Dye in today's "Then and Now" post.
First up is this ad from 1959 "Just push the button on your washer"

From 1962 "Give your dining area new life":
And '62 again- for your little girl's room this time:

1965 - You can dye just about anything, I guess:

Breakthrough! Rit Liquid was new in 1966:

Design a groovy vest (1969)

Now, here we go - tie dye it! 1970:

Still tie-dyeing in 1971:
I must admit, I DO love this lady's wall hanging, from 1973. Pretty cool:
My "Now"? Well, this dye is sitting waiting for me to use it:

My husband won't let me use the washer to do it....

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I've never dyed in a washer, either. Good luck with that. Mean old husband. Love T

★Carol★ said...

Husbands sure do know how to suck the fun out of everything, don't they?! Tell him it will be OK. Just run the rinse cycle after you're all done.
I was a tie-dye fiend back in the 70s. It was THE thing to do!

yosemite faith said...

my mom always did. i did once in california - just ran a nice hot bleachy full cycle afterwards and no problems. i love that ad with the tie dye instructions. if i would have seen that i surely would have tried. still haven't and always wished i could.