Monday, July 16, 2012

What's Penny Wearing? #75 A Study In Blue Tweed


Penny looks stunning in today's featured garment - this "tweedy" blue coat I found at a thrift store. Brand new, with the price tag still attached - I tried it on and it felt pretty good (there was no mirror nearby). Leave it to me to find cool-weather clothing in the dog days of summer, as was the same case back when I found my Little Red Riding Hood red wool jacket last year.

Well, as it happened, coats were half-price that day, so I bought it. Doesn't it go perfectly with this blue handmade scarf (above) I had also picked up at another thrift shop a while back?
And it looks pretty good with the vintage Ann Taylor plaid scarf seen with it below. (Yes - thrifted - you know me, right?)

It has some nice detailing, too, what with the half-belt at the back and trim on the sleeves:

But, alas, when I tried it on again at home in front of a mirror, I saw that it is really too big in the shoulders for me - shoot! Not the type of thing that is easily fixed - not by ME, anyway!

So I think I will probably try to sell it. So much for my blue tweed coat.
It sure is a pretty one, though.

4 comments:

Jill said...

It's pretty but I can't even imagine putting that material next to my skin, it's so hot!!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Nice! I'd wear that ... which label was it made under?
thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Jim J;O) said...

Hey, I'm big in the shoulders. Whatcha askin'?

Tina Dawn said...

I love the shade of blue, almost makes me feel cooler. I wish it fit you well. Love T