Saturday, December 19, 2009

Where I Work: Whistle Stop Yogurt

Sister Lori here:
After retiring from the Post Office last fall, (boy am I glad I am not there this season!!), I looked for a job. When you are older, it's really not that easy!!
Some good friends were opening up a yogurt shop and I got a job there.
Here is Mandy weighing my delicious Original Tart Yogurt with coconut and fresh strawberries, my favorite combination.

Whistle Stop Yogurt is located in Placerville, California:

We have 2 machines. In one we always have Chocolate and Vanilla every day and in the other we swap flavors every 2 days. Right now some seasonal flavors we offer are: Peppermint Stick, Eggnog and Pumpkin. Other flavors we have had are Root Beer Float, Pomegranate, Cookies and Cream, New York Cheesecake, no sugar added Strawberry and lots more. It is very good and most flavors are non-fat, so 2 points for a 1/2 cup serving on Weight Watchers.

These are some of the toppings we have, candies, cereals, nuts.

Here is the other counter with lots of toppings, sauces, fresh fruit, etc. We offer over 50 toppings. We also make our own waffle cones.

Here is the front counter, behind which I stand to weigh the yogurt for the customers:

This is the back room where we wash dishes and have lots of storage space:

My family came to visit me one day and enjoyed some "Fro Yo"!!!!

This is a nice job for me right now. I really enjoy working here!!

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

A great addition to lower Main Street and a great place to go to meet people you haven't seen for a long time. I like the tart yogurt with fresh strawberries. Yum. Great post Sis. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Yummy yogurt, great owners, and at least one of the best employees ever - it doesn't get much better than that!

yosemite faith said...

lucky girl - find a job where they already know you and you can be of service to them as well. i would work also if i could find a similar situation. sounds like a great place. too bad i don't live in california anymore or i would make a point of coming to placerville and stopping in.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Lori, it looks like a great place to work! I would like a job like that. Yes, things are crazy at the P.O. right now, so my insider tells me:) You are lucky to be in a happy place. I want to wish you and your sweet family a wonderful Christmas full of love and cheer. Twyla