Friday, March 11, 2011

The Well-Dressed Dessert

You know I'm a total sucker for cool vintage artwork from the 60's and 70's (not to mention quite a few other decades!), so I just had to share some of the pages from this cookbook I found recently. Please let me introduce you to the lovely lady I am naming "Cool Whip Woman"
Ta Da!!
The Well-Dressed Dessert always includes Cool Whip - don't you know?

First up, we have the Mod Flower Cake:
Flower Shower Tarts:

Spiced Brazilian Chocolate:

Kicky Kupkakes (kute!):
Strawberry Tarts:
And finally, I leave you with Mexican Chocolate:

And may your Whip be forever Cool.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I am in love with colorful Cool Whip Woman and the Mod Flower Cake looks like it has nasturtiums on it, so I am totally eating it right now. What a cute cookbook. Love it. Love T

Jennifer D said...

Oh boy! I have to get myself one of these cookbooks,not only is the art amazing but my last name is Dessert!Literally.

Sassy Lassies Vintage Life said...

I LOVE the mod look of these pictures. I remember when I was in 6th grade...1970...all of my school papers had titles I created with huge bubble letters and colorful decorations just like in these cool whip ads.

yosemite faith said...

reminds me so much of peter max. great ads!

delia hornbook said...

Fabulous I love Kicky Kupcakes they would be great in frames, what a fun book you have to love 60's and 70's for there way out colours and designs, have a lovely weekend, dee x

MoonDoggie said...

Superb.
I wish I WAS cool whip woman :D