Thursday, October 18, 2012

Found: Original Paintings

I like original paintings, and I pick them up when I find very inexpensive ones. A nice cabin-on-the-lake scene:
Really cool abstract - I especially love the gold paint in this one. Painted by the daughter of one of Lori's high school classmates, I bought it at a parking lot sale in Placerville:
The next one below was done by the same young artist - channeling her inner Jackson Pollack, perhaps?
This large and bright scene of a sunny meadow was painted by "Hart" in '74 - cool:
I actually showed you this barn scene quite awhile back, but I felt the need to include it again here in today's post:
I will close with a simple "thank you" to the (sometimes) anonymous artists who create my thrift-store finds of original artwork. thank you.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very nice. I love the butterfly in the meadow, and I am very glad it is signed. I wish every artist would sign their artwork. Love T

Andy's Attic said...

I love to find the little oils unframed and bring them home to display!!