Sunday, October 21, 2012

New Product and a Recipe Review

Kraft Philadelphia Brand Cooking Creme sounded like a good idea to me. I found a recipe at KraftRecipes.com, and decided to try it.
Creamy Chicken Piccata And Asparagus
 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
3/4 cup Philadelphia Savory Lemon & Herb Cooking Creme
1/2 cup fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp. capers
1 lb. fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1 tbsp. water
Cook chicken in large skillet on medium-high heat 2 to 3 min. on each side or until lightly browned on both sides. Mix cooking creme, broth, and capers; pour over chicken. Cover, simmer on low heat 5 to 6 min. or until chicken is done (165 degrees F.) Meanwhile, place asparagus in shallow microwaveable dish. Add water; cover with waxed paper. Microwave on HIGH 4 to 5 min. or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Serve chicken with asparagus and sauce.
 I tweaked it a little - I used frozen green beans because I don't eat asparagus. I added mushrooms and more capers than called for in the recipe.
I followed Kraft's serving suggestion and served it with angel hair pasta and garnished with lemon slices.
My husband and I both loved it!
 

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Looks really good, and I would have switched out the asparagus too. I have been unsure how to use a "cooking creme" so have never tried it. I guess now I will. Love T

Tami Von Zalez said...

Your post looks fine. Sometimes Blogger goes wonky.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com