Wednesday, March 21, 2018

And Even More Ole! (From Stanley Furniture)

Here I go again, with even MORE photos of the glorious vintage "Ole" furniture made by Stanley Furniture Company back in the late 1960's.
This yellow set was offered for sale a while back at a place in Southern California.
Would that I could have driven down there, purchased it, and brought it all back home.
Alas, I could not - so these photos will have to suffice.
First we have a corner grouping with a hutch on top, four pieces in all their astounding yellow glory with green, orange and pink painted detailing:
 Here are two photos from a Stanley advertisement that show a  different corner unit set-up, with larger pieces on either side:

 As you can see, the cabinet on the left above is like this one, below:

 And I did find this one photo that has the same type of corner set-up as the one featured in the advertisement:
Here's a nice dresser:
And the nightstand - oh, how I LOVE this little piece!
That cut-out detailing, with the sort-of Moroccan style just kills me:
Here's the gorgeous headboard:
 And here's a photo of that same headboard from an old Better Homes And Gardens magazine :
 This isn't a good photo, but here's one more, featuring a pair of them:


You can see how those differ from the bed I found:

 Extreme close-up:
And here's another picture I found that IS like mine:

And I'm assuming this is an armoire, below - I rarely see photos of this piece:
 Last of all, I'll just throw in two more (poor) photos of Ole pieces in yellow, since that color is the focus of today's post - a different nightstand, with one drawer:
And the low dresser and mirror combo:

And there you have it, the latest in my series of Ole furniture posts.
Because I love it, and yes, I am obsessed with it - in ALL of it's colors, more than mere pictures and words can express.
Call me crazy if you like; I care not a whit.
I love it; I always will - and that is a fact that you can take to the bank.
(And if you're headed to the bank, take me with you, if you don't mind?
 And pull out enough money for me to buy one of these sets the next time I see it for sale - no matter where in the country it is located.
 Pretty please?
 Hey, you can't blame a girl for trying.....)


Please Note: If you are interested in this furniture, then I am happy you are reading my post(s). But this is just my personal blog, and I am not set up for trying to sell any Ole pieces you might have, so please don't try to contact me regarding furniture for sale. Unless you live in northern California, I wouldn't be able to buy it from you (and even if you are, I may not be able to afford it), and I'm not a furniture broker. I would suggest listing your pieces on eBay or Craig's List in your area to find a buyer.
 However, I certainly DO appreciate any comments from fellow lovers of Ole like myself, but comments including e-mails and/or phone numbers may not be published, or are subject to deletion.
Thank you.

13 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I like the way the bed is shown in the alcove with the beads. I do wish you could have a room filled with this furniture! Love T

Diane said...

Very cool! I really like that first nightstand too. Such a statement!!

Heather said...

Love it! I have 3 pieces in my dining room!! Love the advertising photos!

Heidi Ann said...

Heather - I'd love to see a picture your pieces!
I'm glad you enjoyed my post; thank you!
Heidi

amelia said...

Greetings! I actually have this whole set from my childhood. My daughter now uses it. She doesn't want/need the armoire, and I am selling it. If you are in the ABQ, NM area and are interested, please let me know. There are 3 shelves inside and one wooden pole across the top for hanging clothes -- and a drawer at the bottom. It's in great shape other than the magnet won't keep the door closed.

Unknown said...

I had the twin bed night stand the desk and tall dresser and a round mirror vanity. All in yellow my favorite color. All pieces were lost in a fire enjoyed from 1973 until 1980 when lost. Would do anything to start collecting the pieces..such wonderful memories of my beautiful room

Lauri lumby said...

I had the Caliente Red set growing up. It was the hardest thing to give up in my adult life. I gifted the set to one of my favorite little girls who needed the red magic. I loved my red bedroom set sooooooo much!

Nancy W. said...

I'm really enjoying your Blog - thank you for validating my attachment to my childhood bedroom set. My husband/daughter are ready to let it go and I'm hanging on while we find "just the right person." :) I wish I could give you my whole set and then I'd know that someone is loving it!

Nancy

Bonnie said...

I had a full yellow Ole set growing up in the late 60's and having my set until 1981. I had a 6 drawer dresser with a hutch on top. A corner piece with a mirror on top, a desk and I think another dresser and a trundle bed. Alot of furniture for what a rather small room. My parents picked it out for me and I thought it was a bit fussy, but knew the quality of Stanley as my parents were both in the furniture business. We also had a formal Stanley dining room set. To this day I am very picky when it comes to purchasing furniture. A few years ago I saw pieces of Ole in a consignment store that we white with blue trimmed daises. Great memories.

Donna said...

I appreciate your blog post because it helped me identify my red set that is now being used by my daughter. I wanted the brand info so that I could buy additional pieces, which has been impossible until today! I found the red nightstand (the second one in your post) for $15 on Facebook Marketplace! We drove nearly nearly 3 hours roundtrip to get it. It was worth it because the condition was outstanding. It is missing the hardware but I have a pull that from the desk drawer that I can since the second pull is missing from it. Thank you for sharing your passion!

Kendra B. said...

Hello, I have an entire set. Bed frame, 3 drawer dresser, 6 drawer dresser with a mirror, a desk with chair and hutch/bookcase, and an end table. My parents bought if for me late 69, early 70. My daughter has the set now. I can send you pictures of All the pieces I have, later. I have a question. The Black pull knobs that came with the furniture. Do you know anywhere I can buy them? I have searched and I have not found any. I just need two small ones. I live in Las Vegas, NV.

Tim said...

Hi. I have several of the red "ole" pieces. I am in San Diego.

Anonymous said...

When I was about 14, I saw a pink & green inspiration room in Seventeen magazine. My mother found the OLE line of furniture by Stanley, which was white, with painted lines of blue and lime green.

I cannot believe that my mother--God bless her, who grew up in a farm house with no indoor plumbing during the Depression--purchased a bunch of pieces of Ole, and then let me paint over the blue lines with a PINK acrylic paint.

We laid in new, beautiful mosss, soft green shag carpeting in the bedroom, one accent wall had flowered wallpaper (white background w/ lovely pink, green, yellow leafy flowers, which did NOT look too staid...). And, then the Ole furniture: a day bed frame. The corner unit with a desk on the right side and a set of wide drawers on the left side. Corner unit had the hutch.

Honestly, although my tastes in color pallettes have changed (I love Paris-inspired pre-war look...but not too fussy or Victorian...), I still LOVE that room. It was darling...and actually looked dreamier than the photos in Seventeen magazine. All my teen friends were envious...and it started off a re-decorating craze amongst my friends in the neighborhood.

I remember the room--primarily because it reminds me of what a generous, loving, supportive, and FUN mother I was blessed with. By the way, the rest of her house did NOT look anything like my bedroom. It was subtle colors--the epitome of ELEGANCE. (My father was originally an architect before he became an engineer...and he loved monochromatic, simple mid-century Frank Lloyd Wright-type designs..)

Fact that my teen bedroom was so different...and my parents let me do it...still AMAZES me. Thanks Mom & Dad!!