Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Rod Stewart

I've always liked Rod Stewart. Starting way back when "Maggie May" was such a huge hit, and on through the years - I believe that I have liked all of his hit songs. I must admit, though, that I didn't ever have any of his albums.....
...until he started doing these:

I LOVE this series of albums, "The Great American Songbook" series, because these are the songs I adore. I love LOTS of different types of music, but if I had to pick a favorite, classic American pop standards would be the winner. They're the ones I love to sing, and that I love to listen to over and over again. And I really enjoy his take on them. (I am sure I have Volume I somewhere, but I was unable to find it while preparing this post.)
I need to get my hands on Volumes III and V, as well.

Happy Birthday, Rod!!
And I'm glad we have no reason at all to believe that you will not continue to keep up the great and thoroughly enjoyable work you do!!
Thank you for all the great years of listening pleasure, and may you have the happiest of days.

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Happy birthday to Rod. I always loved "Girl from the North Country". Love T

DFWgirliegirl Housewife said...

Oh I love his "great american songbook" collection. I have every one of them.

yosemite faith said...

good ol rockin rod. he has aged very well!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I've been a fan since I was a teenager. I still get chills when I hear Maggie Mae. Twyla