Sunday, November 27, 2011

Santa's Circus

Sister Lori here: I went over to Heidi's for Thanksgiving, and while she was working on Black Friday, I ran around to a few of the thrift stores. I found the cutest book, "Santa's Circus, published in 1952.

It's really colorful, and has great illustrations:



Some of the pages even have the original little "extras" still attached, like the Lifeguard's "Lifesaver", below:

And the pencil, shown in the next illustration with "Doodle-The-Great", below:


Pretty darned cute!

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

What a cute little book, and refreshingly un-Christmas-like. It is great that the little attachments are left. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i loved circus themed things as a kid - probably because of dumbo.

Heidi Ann said...

It really IS darned cute!!

jamie@midcenturymania said...

What a find! I love the illustrations.

farmlady said...

This book seems very familiar. I think my sister had one... a long time ago.
This book is in really good shape.
Congrats on a good find.

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

I adore children's books from the 50's, probably because I was looking at the pictures and enjoying them myself back then! The illustrations are so precious & they are so hard to find in any condition let alone one this great. Beautiful find Lori! Hope you all had a wonderful Turkey Day!