Friday, February 17, 2012

Again With The Tapa Cloth

I found another shirt at a thrift store made of fabric that resembles the tapa cloth I have written about before:




And it was somewhat similar to the shirt below, also found at a thrift store, that I sold last year:


The next two photos are of the tapa cloth that I found with all of the ephemera and such that was from my mother-in-law's cruise to Hawaii back in the 1930's.


I just think it's cool-looking - I guess that's why I'm writing about it again!

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

gets me to thinking of the islands!

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

Oh yes, can you imagine the Island's in the 30's? Would love to have been on that cruise! Very pretty fabric & now I know the name of it! Who says old dogs (& old ladies) can't learn new tricks (stuff). Thanks!
~Vic~

Tina Dawn said...

I have an angel ornament made of tapa cloth that I got in Hawaii in 1978, it is striped and the same color as your first shirt. Very nice. Love T