Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Valentines of 1916, A Hundred Years of Love

Good morning, Tina here.

I am wishing everyone a happy Valentine's Day by sharing some postcards which are all from one hundred years ago, 1916.


This little maid has a heart shaped dress and hat. I think she is waiting on the shore, for...


This little guy setting his heart-shaped boat a-sail, dressed in his best checked sailor suit.


In case the boat doesn't work out, our guy above can aim to be her love's target.


Meanwhile another maid goes fishing on the side of the pond for her love. Good luck to them all!



Another water-based love message, and a marriage proposal contained in a postcard! I wonder how that worked out?


Even a hundred years later, hearts, cupids, flowers, are all still popular themes for valentines.


I am ending with a pretty lass who reminds me of Nancy Drew, although this could be Nancy's mother, since Nancy Drew didn't come into being until 1930.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day, and may your love last at least a hundred years!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love your postcards! Amazing condition they are in for being 100 years old!

Diane said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Heidi Ann said...

Those are all beautiful!
I love antique postcards, and I love seeing them - so thank you for this sweet and clever post, Tina!