Friday, July 22, 2016

The Ultimate Root Beer Float

My stepson was telling me about the best root beer he had found at the supermarket one day.
 He couldn't recall the name of it at the time.
But the next time he came by, he brought me a bottle to try.
It was Henry Weinhard's Root Beer )"Gourmet Soda, Draught Style Head").
 I remember Henry Weinhard's advertisements from way back, on TV and in print, I suppose?
1970's, maybe?
 Anyhow, I definitely recognized the name.
He had also told me that this root beer made the best floats you could ever hope to have.
You don't have to tell me twice!
I wanted to try it.
He's right; it was FANTASTIC.
 Creamy, rich, delicious, refreshing.
I used Dreyer's (Edy's) Slow Churned Vanilla Bean ice cream, and I must say that seemed to be the perfect choice.
As it happened, I had just found these two great vintage soda glasses with stands the day before at a thrift store.
Perfect for a nice root beer float, or any type of ice cream soda you might choose to have.
In fact, I might try some other kind and share it with you, too.
But that Ultimate Root Beer Float will be hard to beat!

1 comment:

lorlore said...

Looks very refreshing for this heat wave we are in!!!!!!