Wednesday, April 29, 2009

High Society (The Musical)

High Society is another of my many favorite musicals. I love the film, the stars, the music by Cole Porter - in short, everything about it!
So, as is my habit, I have attempted over the years to collect all of the sheet music for the songs featured in the musical:
I have almost all of them!
True Love is the easiest one to find - the others? Not so much. The only soundtrack I could find was a multiple CD set - that was all right with me! I'm just happy to have it.
Unfortunately, we have lost nearly all of the main actors from this fabulous film - Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, Grace Kelly, Louis Armstrong - but , I am happy to say that Celeste Holm is celebrating her 92nd birthday today! She has always been such a lovely lady, and a marvelous actress. Happy Birthday to you, Celeste!

2 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

I am not a big fan of musicals. But this I liked very much.

yosemite faith said...

i like it too but i love philadelphia story which it is based on.