Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shoes Old And New (To Me)

I got a real "kick" out of finding these shoes in Sears Catalog from 1972. See the heels on those two?
They are almost exactly like the clunky/chunky heels on these shoes I found at a thrift store. I'm not sure how old these are - but they're not from the 70's! I love it when I find a pair that fits me, and they're cheap! In style, out of style, back in style - I don't care, I just buy what I like!
Talk about styles coming back around? Gladiator sandals, and laces that wrap around your leg and ankle - here you go! Those multicolor suede ones remind me of a Harlequin. (I like them.)
One more style: Oxfords. See those perforated wing tip oxfords? I had some in high school that were very similar to that in red, white, and blue. And I thought I was cool, too.

I still have some of my shoes from the 70's, and some from the 80's, and.....

4 comments:

yosemite faith said...

i can relate - the few shoes i did get rid of in my many moves - i still remember and wish i hadn't. great retro ads - love 'em.

Tina Dawn said...

I think I have finally gotten rid of all of my old shoes with heels. They were really the thing when I worked at the Court in the 80's. Hard on the back though, and probably now that I think about it didn't help with my hip/arthritis problem, which I didn't know I had then! My favorite shoe? A comfortable one! I don't think I even care what it looks like as long as it is wide enough and has enough room for my big toe! Love T

melanie said...

cute shoes! Just love the catalog pages, too! wish I had kept my old shoes!

Anonymous said...

Those are all stylin! Love 'em!