Saturday, June 19, 2010

How About Some (Vintage) Brides For June?

I'll start with Tasha Tudor as a bride. She wasn't actually a June bride, but this article about her wedding appeared in a June issue of a magazine in 1939. I was delighted to finally get my hands on a copy of this!
Another 1939 magazine- this couple is in a hurry! Gotta get started on that honeymoon!
A poem: Three Wishes For a Bride:

"Pink Bride", on the cover of Look Magazine:

Cutting the cake:
And one more lovely bride, here on the cover of McCall's Magazine:

"What it's like to be a bride today."
Hmmm........I believe times have changed quite a bit since then.

6 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Ahhhh so sweet! I used to have a couple vintage June Bride magazines, wonder where they went?

And Tasha Tudor. I have an autographed books of hers. =)

Tina Dawn said...

I love that picture of Tasha Tudor. She was lovely. Very interesting. Look at the expression on the groom's face when they are cutting the cake. Can't wait to get her alone, I think. Great post. Love T

Jennifer D said...

I just started to learn about Tasha Tudor. Fascinating woman. I haven't seen such a young photo of her, lovely. Thanks for sharing

yosemite faith said...

i used to love bride magazines before the 'big business' and huge monetary investments got all tangled up with it. fantastic old pictures.

farmlady said...

All lovely bride pictures but that one of Tasha Tudor is wonderful. Where did you find it? That's is a great find. I don't believe I have ever seen a photo of her when she was that young. Just charming...

tom said...

I like your site and love the Gold Country and its history.

I still have my mother's wedding dress and don't have the heart to throw it away. It's from 1931. Are there organizations that collect such things? Thanks for any help you give.