Sunday, June 6, 2010

The "Scotkins" Ladies

You may have gathered from reading my blog that I am simply fascinated by advertising. I thought these Scotkins gals were just so darned cute that I wanted to share them with you.
We have the redhead with her spaghetti:

The white-haired lady and her buttery corn:

A blonde with strawberry shortcake!

And even a purple-haired lady with "shish-kabob":
But wait! There's more! How about all of them together - with the addition of a blue-haired lady and her fried chicken, and yet another blonde, with turkey this time:
A later advertisement - and some new colors!

They're cute enough to make ME want to buy Scotkins brand paper napkins! I wish I knew who the artist was. They do remind me a bit of Hilary Knight's illustrations for Peg Bracken's "I Hate To Cook" books.

But I couldn't find out anything about the artist that did the advertisements.
All I really know is that I like them!

4 comments:

Jennifer D said...

They are adorable!
I have never seen them before... or at least I didn't know it if I did. I love their hair colors and smiles.
Very special
True pieces of Art!

yosemite faith said...

i don't remember these ads either although i do remember scotkins.

Claudia said...

I remember Scotkins! Wonderful graphics!

xo
Claudia

Jana said...

Visiting in 2020 - I, too, am trying to determine the illustrator for Scotkins.