Saturday, November 13, 2010

Backyard Blooms

I was looking back through my photos, and decided I might as well show you some pictures I had taken a while back of some of the flowers in our yard. I have written about our azaleas before. Our only yellow bush doesn't always bloom very well. This year was different - the flowers were lovely and prolific:

A close-up:

Our only orange azalea bush nearly died a few years ago. We cut it WAY back - and it's still alive. I got one picture of the flowers this year - it doesn't even truly show what a pretty orange they really are in person:

Then there was the beauteous tiger lily:

Naked Ladies (take a look back at Tina's post about hers!)
My husband's favorite hardy geranium:


And the trumpet vine:


Just a few colorful flowers to brighten your day!

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very incredibly lovely. I wish you had scent-a-vision too. Great shots. I miss our azaleas we had in Diamond Springs, yours are so great! Thank you for the bright morning viewing. Love T

yosemite faith said...

with all our leaves gone here it is nice to see something that will help get me thru the long fall/winter season here.

Jill said...

Those are such gorgeous flowers! I've never seen a yellow azalia~ didn't even know they existed! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Jill

farmlady said...

Oh thank you. How beautiful.
I love Naked Ladies so much. They remind me of my trips to Mendocino years ago and the drive to my friends house.... they were in front of an old school house on the Albion-Little River Rd.