Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cool Christmas Catalog, Part One

I found this great vintage catalog at a thrift store for twenty cents. It is filled with the neatest things!
I scanned most of the pages so I could show you the goodies inside:
There are quite a few, so I will show the rest tomorrow.
Click on the pictures so you can see them better.
The catalog is from 1971, and the name of the company offering the items was Edcom Systems. It says inside "Edcom of Princeton, New Jersey, is a new pioneering research and development organization. It was started and is headed by Frank Caplan, former president of Creative Playthings. Working with him are several key members of the team that helped build Creative Playthings, Inc." There sure are a lot of things inside that I would have loved to have purchased back then - and still today, if they were available! I do still see some of the things around. There is a list on the back of the catalog telling which stores in which states had a "12/25 Christmas Crafts" boutique inside.

4 comments:

Diane said...

How cool! Can we go back in time and order a few things??

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Thank you for the history,I love reading about where things came from and how companies developed and if they are still around....so cool!

Tina Dawn said...

I do recognize some of the items. What a fun find. Love T