Saturday, July 13, 2013

Another Counterpoint Box For My Collection

You may or may not remember all of the previous posts I have done about my vintage Counterpoint boxes. Whenever I come across another of these colorful cardboard cuties, it makes me so happy! The one in the photo below was one dollar at a thrift store. It was just sitting there, waiting for ME. I know it.
I've never seen one like it before, with the four little drawers.
And, since I was doing a post about this one, I also found a couple more of them pictured in my vintage Seventeen magazines to share with you, as well. There's one of the little three-drawer ones sitting on the dresser in this advertisement from 1968:
And here's another, also from Seventeen, where they are used in a table setting:
(And  click here for one example of an old post - just in case you don't remember any of  them!)
Jewelry, trinkets, hardware, craft supplies - I can think of all sorts of things to store inside them.


4 comments:

The Photogramps said...

I just stumbled upon your blog through a google search. I LOVE it. So inot the vintage vibe you have going on! I'll definitely be visiting frequently.
Ashley

www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

Tina Dawn said...

So glad you found a new box for yourself! I wish I still had the ones I had back in 1968. The first photo looks so realistic, the room just like a teenagers room, I was remembering slumber parties I went to at Lois's house. Great post. Love T

Vintage Coconut said...

Those boxes are so cute! I don't know if I ever came across one before. Now I will keep my eye out.

Anonymous said...

Don’t know if your blog is still going. I have 5 or six of the vintage boxes you wrote about in 2013. Was trying to find the value of them & your post came up.