Friday, April 18, 2014

Patterns From The Past: Simplicity 9164 - Mini Or Maxi Dress

Simplicity pattern number 9164 is today's pattern from the past - more specifically, from 1970.
Here it is sewn up in black and white polka dots with a matching scarf to decorate your head:
A number of variations on the theme are seen on the pattern front.
I'm pretty sure my pick back in the day would have been the red gingham. In fact, I'm almost surprised I didn't have it!
And here's the adorable Joyce Walker, below, in another pretty cute version, a nice bright paisley print:
A cute dress, no matter which way you "sew it up"!

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Love your gingham and paisley picks! Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love this pattern! How I used to pine over the pattern books! I didn't exactly have the figure for this one back then. The pink and red one is speaking to me now! Have a blessed weekend! Twyla

Diane said...

My mother made the short dress for me. It was a sort of lilac/periwinkle floral fabric with a periwinkle waist. I'm wearing it it my 3rd grade picture. Thanks for posting!

farmlady said...

I love the polka dot version... and the matching scarf. My bridesmaids wore long dresses like this for my wedding in 1965. The dresses were light blue and white gingham with matching scarves and they carried white daisies. It was so 60's... so summer wonderful.