Saturday, April 23, 2016

Very Marimekko, Last Weekend's Bright Buys

Last weekend, I was delighted to find this Marimekko fabric or curtain panel in a remnant bin at a thrift store:
 The next day, I also got to go to Target on Marimekko launch day! (This was a big deal for me, as I love shopping at Target and rarely get to go;  the nearest one to me is about an hour away.)
I was puzzled when we walked in and I found only this display, along with a similar one right next to it with the clothing in a great black and white design - nothing in my size, though!
Finally found the rest of the Marimekko things in the very back corner of the store. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I chose two items only - these gorgeous tea towels:




And this Memory Game:
 I love the designs on the Memory Game cards! I didn't expect them to be so big!






I also found the vintage photo album that you see on the left in the photo below at a thrift store - I love that it sort of matches my Marimekko finds:
 And back to that fabric panel again......
"Villikaali" Marimekko By Suomi Finland 1967:
Yes, ma'am I DO like my bright colors!!

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Great finds. I like the colors, I am not real fond of big prints but if I were they would be the best! Love the idea of that memory game, how clever! I am glad you could find the great vintage drapery panel! Love T

Tami Von Zalez said...

*Cheers* That was great how you related back that retro fabric to present day! Delightful!

I am fabric obsessed and that kind of find would have made my day.

Diane said...

Very cool! Bright colors are "me" too.

The Brittons said...

Great finds! I can see those memory cards framed up on a wall!