Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer Fun - Ice Cream, Sodas And Sundaes

This post is all about ice cream. Just because I love it.
I LOVE it.
WAY too much.
But, you know, I can't even remember the last time I had homemade ice cream:
Don't you think that everyone should enjoy some homemade ice cream at least once each summer?
Yum.
The photo above is from the book below. I have written about the Farm Journal Cookbooks before. They're fabulous:

And then, of course, you can also have a soda or a sundae! Sounds just dandy to me:

Seeing these reminds me of the days we all three spent working at the Sierra Nevada House in Coloma.

These strawberry sodas look divine!
Oh - and don't forget floats! I'm not sure whether I've ever had a Coke float:
I'll take a root beer float instead, please.
I only wish that I could enjoy all of these treats without having to worry about the calories.
Ahhh, such is life.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Ah, yummy! I haven't made ice cream yet, better get crackin'! I have the electric ice cream freezer somewhere, but also a little one that goes in the freezer. I am going to make some! Very refreshing blog. Love T

yosemite faith said...

john bought a food processer after we moved back to michigan. we take frozen bananas (in pieces) that we have in our freezer - add a bit of milk and wow - almost like ice cream - so good and nothing added but the fruit with some 2% milk!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

What a yummy post! I have had a Coke float and they're good, too! I haven't had homemade ice cream in too long! Now you've got me thinking! Twyla

Unknown said...

I got a Cuisinart ice cream freezer for Christmas and I've been making homemade ice cream all year long! It's so much fun, and I never really liked it before now. Just the other night I made fresh strawberry and it was delish!

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.