Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Best Vintage Package Tags Ever

I picked up a plastic bag full of Christmas tags and some cards at a thrift store for 49 cents. I think it was stapled at the top, so that you couldn't really see all that was inside. The gift tags I could see looked like nice, useful tags for Christmas, and I spied just a peek of one other thing that looked really cool to me. So - it was probably worth the 49 cents, I figured.
When I got it home and opened it up - I saw the "thing' that had caught my eye was this lion package tag, below. But what I didn't know was that there were TWO different lions, and also three different OWLS!
They are fairly large and very sturdy, and I think from the late 60's or early 70's.

I LOVE them. I believe they may have been made by Counterpoint - one of my favorite companies because I have told you before that I was (and still am) a huge fan of their of their bright and colorful items:
I love them so much that I can NOT use them for their intended purpose.
One of the neatest things about them is that they were made to stand alone as a decoration after being presented with your gift - they are heavy cardboard with little fold-out stands on the back!

And there were also some nice, unopened packages of Hallmark gift tags, some pretty glittered tags, and some stickers that I plan to use on my Christmas card envelopes this year.
Forty-nine cents well-spent.
(P.S. Happy and loving wishes to my dear friend Debbie, who is celebrating her birthday today!! Love you, Deb!)

6 comments:

Laura said...

These tags are just too cute. The colors are very bright and cheery! Great find!!

Tina Dawn said...

I love them! So cute. They remind me of my heavy cardboard lion "card" that Mother gave me on one of my birthdays and wrote "for my Leo" on it. It is bigger than these, of course. They could be by the same maker. Great that you found the "surprise bag" at that thrift store. Love T

jamie@midcenturymania said...

What a find! I think they would look really nice framed. Maybe together or even in separate little frames. Those are fantastic. Love them!

Heidi Ann said...

Yes! They WOULD be great framed! They deserve special treatment.

moonshinejunkyard said...

What a score! Those are soooo adorable. I love ornaments from the 60s, always pick them up when I find them at the thrift store. I would hang those little critters on my tree to give it a friendly peaceful animal feeling!

yosemite faith said...

they really are great - lucky girl heidi!