Saturday, April 2, 2011

Please Come In...

...for I would like you to meet someone new!
Presenting Mademoiselle Madeline Janette:

I found her at a thrift store in Angel's Camp. She was just sitting there all alone, you know? And, I might add, looking rather sad, soiled, stumpy and poorly treated. She pleaded with me to give her a new home, and I was more than happy to oblige.

She is certainly more than welcome. I am happy to report that she is now standing tall and proud again, and has become the latest addition to the Gold Country Girls' display family. She will be doing some modeling for me, just like Penny.

I do hope Penny Lane and Evelyn Rose do not become jealous of her.
(Oh! I just realized - now there are three girls - just like us!)

7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I am so pleased to meet her. I can't wait to see what she will choose to model for us. Love T

Jennifer D said...

Ha! Another Gold Country Girl!
Great Score.

Claudia said...

Congratulations!

yosemite faith said...

congrats on the new addition

auntbeth54 said...

I had a doll like that when I was little. She was originally a bride doll. She is jointed at the waist, right?

Heidi Ann said...

Hi auntbeth54 - No, my doll in the background there is only jointed at her arms and top of her legs. I found her at a thrift store, too - her fancy little dress was rather disheveled, but you can tell it used to be lovely. Wish I knew how to take it apart and make a brand new one from it. Thank you for commenting!

farmlady said...

I told you....(and anyone who read my Sistering post) that when something really wants a home it talks to you. This lovely lady knew where she needed to be. When Madeline saw you she just knew you would take good care of her. Penny and Evelyn Rose will just have to adapt.
Love the photos....