Thursday, August 29, 2013

Little Mistress Magpie

I found the cutest  pop-up books at a thrift shop, so I wanted to show you one of them today.
"Little Mistress Magpie", designed by L. Mayorova , translated by Tom Botting, and published by the "Malysh" Publishing House in the USSR. I could find no date, but they are definitely not brand-new:
The pages are either simple pop-ups, or they have moving parts.

You'll notice the slight differences before and after I have pulled the tabs on the examples below:






This next one may be my favorite:
Here you barely see the bunny peeking out:
 And  (below), now you do!
Colorful and cute, just the way a fun little children's book should be!

4 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a wonderful book! Love the pop up illustrations. My daughter is dating a young man from Russia. I wonder if he grew up reading books like this?

Tina Dawn said...

Very colorful and fun. Great find! Love T

farmlady said...

This is just charming... and in good shape. Someone took good care of it. Lucky you for finding it.
Love the colors.

Vintage Coconut said...

This book is super duper cute!